Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nautical Inclinations

Every Spring nautical designs turn up in runway collections like clockwork. It is so stereotypical that I have so far resisted any type of nautical theme until now. I don't know if it was nostalgia for that old Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra movie Anchors Aweigh, or just plain whimsy one my part. Or maybe it was the really cute options I have been seeing in the shops and online that finally whetted my appetite for the nautical look. Either way, I caved. Here you can see how I put together two looks.

nautical 003
Originally uploaded by Peldyn


Here I have styled a tank top from Hollister that was hand me down from a friend. The skirt was on sale from Anthropologie for $70.00 and I just couldn't resist it. Shoes from Payless for $15.00 and finally to finish the look a bracelet from Wet Seal for $2.00. A cute and casual nautical style that is playful and fun!



nautical 032
Originally uploaded by Peldyn

This look is a more subtle play on the nautical theme. More retro in style, I took a blouse from Kimchi Blue that I bought on ebay for 19.00, sailor style pants from Express that I also bought on ebay for $24.99 and added my favorite shoes from Aldo on that were on sale for $59.00 with 10% off coupon on top of that!! Yeah! The total outfit looks polished and sophisticated. I feel like a 1940's movie star when I wear it! Who thought waiting for the fleet to come in could look so awesome *grin*


*Note This was written before I fell ill.

2 comments:

  1. the second is my favorite! very sophisticated! hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am doing much better. I just wish the swelling would go away. They said 6 to 8 weeks and it has been that long and I am still bloated :( All my skirts are too tight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails