Monday, January 18, 2010

Vintage Inspiration

I have an extensive collection of vintage patterns that I turn to when I need a little boost of inspiration. Many of them belonged to my mother and grandmother. Others I found at yards sales throughout the years.


Vintage Patterns 1
My mom loved it when Butterick re-released these patterns and snatched them up. I particularly love the suits. I must at some point try to make one for myself.

Vintage Patterns2
Here are actual vintage patterns and they are just fabulous! I must make the blue dress with the with white cuffs and collar. It is too perfect. The sleeve detail on the green two piece dress is also delicious. I will have to add it to my must make list :)

I have many more patterns, some from the 60's and 70's too. It is fun to see how fashion has evolved and to also see how often we go back to the same styles again and again. Some classics will never go out of style.

Pel

1 comment:

  1. i love old patterns myself, i've got a box full! hopey you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails