Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tightened Purse Strings

20100210_1

Well, it has been almost two weeks now since the mine locked my husband and his fellow employees out of work. To say that our circumstances have changed drastically is an understatement. I must now use all my little money saving tips for real. There will be no new clothes for me starting next month. I got very lucky since my birthday is this month and we had a tiny bit left over so I got a small gift from my husband that will come in the mail soon. But after that it will be slim pickings. Am I upset. Yes. In a way I am upset that I can't shop, but I am more upset that this big company that is making billions of dollars a year in PROFITS is trying to skim an extra dollar or two off of the working class, namely the miners who are working at one of the most dangerous jobs in the world to begin with!

Sorry, don't mean to rant on a blog that is supposed to be about fashion. I just wanted to let you all know what is going on in my life. We are worried that we could lose our house or have to relocate if he manages to find a job somewhere else. My children and grandchildren are here and this affects them also. My eldest daughter's husband worked there and he is out of work as well.

What can you do to help? If you order from amazon.com please use my site as a gateway to amazon.com. I make a little bit if you log on through here before you order. You can click through the link at the bottom of the page or any of the links in the sidebars. It may seem like a small thing, but anything helps right now.

So wish me luck, girls and stay tuned for my forays into belt tightening and penny pinching. I am sure it will be interesting ;)

Pel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails