Sunday, February 7, 2016

The New Normal


Being diagnosed with a chronic illness is tough. Then coming to terms with the changes in your body is a whole other can of worms. I have been in denial for a year now. A year of weigh gain, swelling, unable to bear wearing regular clothes. I held on to too much. 

This me, the me that is now who deserves space. So I am going to choose to let go of the past image in my mind of what "me" I should be. Okay, that means leggings instead of jeans. Elastic waists instead of buttons and zippers. No more stilettos. 


Is this permanent? I don't know. Modern medicine is working on new treatments and I am waiting on a pre-auth to start a new drug. Either way I am me, letting go of the past. I just have no room for it.

Peldyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails